Associate in Commercial Underwriting—Management (AU-M™)
Enhance your professional confidence and build a strong foundation in underwriting principles with the Institutes' Associate in Commercial Underwriting program. You'll gain a broadened understanding of advanced underwriting techniques and develop a disciplined approach to underwriting commercial property and liability exposures.
Gain a broad understanding of commercial underwriting techniques with AU and develop a disciplined approach to underwriting commercial property and liability exposures with AU-M
This Program Is Recommended For
• Commercial underwriters
• Underwriting supervisors and managers
• Line of business managers
• Reinsurance professionals
Completion Time Frame
Complete the program in as little as 9-15 months.
To earn the Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU) designation, you must pass four foundation courses. You can also earn the Associate in Commercial Underwriting—Management (AU-M) designation by passing the four AU foundation courses plus AU 67 Strategic Underwriting Techniques.
AU Foundation Courses
In order to satisfy the Ethics requirement, you must pass one of the following free, 50-question online exams:
• Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) -Please note this course does not count as credit towards the CPCU designation
• Ethics 312 Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct