|Course level: Level 4 - Intermediate|
An intermediate level course designed both for those in an AML role and those looking to embark on a new career in AML. You will gain actionable, practical knowledge to excel in your role.
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
This Advanced Certificate is open to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in the discipline. However, the content of the programme requires students to possess:
• Sound educational background
• Good written English skills
This course is suitable for:
• New/recently appointed MLROs and deputies
• New/recently appointed Financial Crime and Risk Officers
• Compliance Officers
• Internal auditors assuming responsibilities for money laundering/financial crime issues
• All individuals engaged in financial services and who aspire to a career in anti money laundering
• What are the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Risks that must be Managed?
• The International Bodies and Standard Setters
• National Legal and Regulatory Frameworks
• Taking an AML/CFT Risk-based Approach and Managing the Risks
• Initial and ‘Ongoing’ Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
• Monitoring Activity and Transactions
• Recognising and Reporting Suspicions
• The Vulnerabilities of Specific Services and Products
• 6-month course assessed by 2 written assignments (2,000 – 2,500 words)
• A mixture of guided online study and participation in live sessions:
- 1 x virtual classroom
- 1 x immersive learning scenario (putting you at the centre of a story)
- 2 x assessment preparation sessions
• Videos covering the latest industry developments and case studies
• Access to the ICA members’ portal containing additional reading and resources
• Proactive support throughout the course to help you stay on track
We have full syllabi available for all of our qualifications. Click here to download a syllabus for this course
In order to study for an ICA qualification, you will need to become a member of ICA. If you're not currently a member of the ICA, you will be required to register as an ICA student member.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Course fees stated exclude VAT or local tax where applicable
Membership Fee: $100* (Student membership)
*Payable unless you are already an ICA Member.