|Course level: Level 6 - Advanced|
New technologies are changing many aspects of role of the compliance professional. Fintech and Regtech are now embedded in compliance lexicon, but what do the terms actually mean, and what are the practical impacts, both positive and negative, that we need to understand and manage? The ICA International Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance helps you to answer these questions and apply the answers directly within your organisation.
This course gives you a broad understanding of the regulatory environment as well as the specialist skills and knowledge to be able to identify and manage key regulatory risks today and in the future.
- Get to grips with the nuances of the regulatory environment and how this impact your organisation
- Understand why promoting a positive compliance culture is not just good for compliance but good for business
- Explore how to maximise the benefits of emerging technologies
- Develop your inter-personal skills so you can be the best Compliance Manager
- Learn from the experiences of compliance professionals from other firms and sectors and share ideas
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
Learners are required to have ONE of the following:
• A degree or professional qualification in an appropriate discipline
• Attainment of an ICA International Advanced Certificate
• Three years relevant work experience
A good standard of spoken and written English is required for this course.
This course is suitable for:
• Compliance Officers/Managers and their Deputies
• Managers with responsibility for internal compliance controls
• Risk Managers
• Internal Audit Staff
• Regulatory Representatives
• Individuals who completed the ICA International Advanced Certificate in Regulatory Compliance
• Company Secretaries
• Understanding governance, risk and regulatory compliance
• Why we need to understand the regulated environment
• Why are governance and culture essential for effective regulatory compliance risk management?
• The role of the compliance department and the compliance professional
• Risk management as the key to effective compliance
• Case studies
The conduct of firms and the behaviour of senior management is a key topic in this course and is interwoven throughout the course units. The conduct agenda forms a key part of the virtual classroom discussion.
• 9-month course assessed by 3 written assignments (3,000 – 3,500 words)
• A mixture of guided online study and participation in live sessions:
- 2 x virtual classrooms
- 1 x immersive learning scenario (putting you at the centre of a story)
- 3 x tutorials (a chance to discuss elements of the course in more depth)
- 3 x assessment preparation sessions
• Videos covering the latest industry developments and case studies
• Access to the ICA members’ portal containing additional reading and resources
• Proactive support throughout the course to help you stay on track
We have full syllabi available for all of our qualifications. Click here to download a syllabus for this course
In order to study for an ICA qualification, you will need to become a member of ICA. If you're not currently a member of the ICA, you will be required to register as an ICA student member.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Course fees stated exclude VAT or local tax where applicable
Membership Fee: $100* (Student membership)
*Payable unless you are already an ICA Member.