80 Credit Points
40 from any Specialised (level 3) General Insurance Broking unit
40 points from any Specialised unit
Attainable membership level: Senior Associate
The Executive Certificate in General Insurance Broking is designed for insurance broking professionals with four or more years’ experience.
Each unit aims to develop the technical, analytical and interpersonal skills and knowledge required to:
- lead an insurance broking team
- analyse and determine a customer’s needs and risk profile to make recommendations for insurance solutions
- negotiate the terms and conditions of a policy with the insurer on the customer’s behalf
- effectively manage and settle insurance claims on behalf of a customer
- provide quality ongoing insurance broking services to customers.
Insurance professionals can focus on specific areas they wish to develop by taking units as standalone short courses — or, if desired, units can be combined to attain the full Executive Certificate in General Insurance Broking.