|Course level: Level 4 - Intermediate|
This intermediate-level course has been specifically designed for compliance professionals working outside of financial services (e.g oil and gas, telecoms and aerospace). Gain actionable and practical risk-management skills to excel in your role.
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
This Advanced Certificate is open to anyone interested in pursuing a career in the discipline. However, the content of the programme requires students to possess:
• Sound educational background
• Good written English skills
This course is suitable for:
• Compliance employees
• Employees who have compliance responsibilities
• Employees with management responsibility for compliance
• Any person who wishes to learn fundamental compliance principles and how businesses should be compliant
While undertaking this qualification, you will learn:
• The context of compliance and its origins
• Building an effective control framework
• The skills needed to be an effective compliance professional
• Risk management, alert systems and investigations
• Managing financial crime risk
• Creating competitive advantage
• 6-month course assessed by 2 written assignments (2,000 – 2,500 words)
• A mixture of guided online study and participation in live sessions:
- 1 x virtual classroom
- 1 x immersive learning scenario (putting you at the centre of a story)
- 2 x assessment preparation sessions
• Videos covering the latest industry developments and case studies
• Access to the ICA members’ portal containing additional reading and resources
• Proactive support throughout the course to help you stay on track
We have full syllabi available for all of our qualifications. Click here to download a syllabus for this course
In order to study for an ICA qualification, you will need to become a member of ICA. If you're not currently a member of the ICA, you will be required to register as an ICA student member.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Course fees stated exclude VAT or local tax where applicable
Membership Fee: $100* (Student membership)
*Payable unless you are already an ICA Member.