|Course level: Level 2 - Introductory|
Sanctions can be a complex topic and dealing with sanctioned parties can be a risky business. National or international sanctions may be issued against individuals, entities, groups or nations; or even trading activities/particular sectors. Those bodies charged with enforcing sanctions compliance are particularly active at the moment, with multiple fines for firms in recent years stretching into billions of dollars. Suitable for those working financial crime and regulatory compliance. Understand the threat and learn to mitigate the risk with the ICA certificate suite.
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
This course has a practical focus and is open to anyone who is interested in the subject. The content of the programme requires students to possess:
• Sound educational background
• Good written English skills
The course is suitable for:
• Senior financial crime/regulatory compliance practitioners who are keen to enhance their existing expertise by learning about another distinct sphere
• Senior managers within the Sanctions environment who wish to certify their knowledge
• Operational staff, who need to understand the inherent Sanctions risks they face when dealing with customers and/or transactions
• Regulators or Consultants
• MLROs, Compliance Managers and Risk Managers
• Anyone with an interest in better understanding how Sanctions work and the risks they can present if not correctly addressed
• Understanding sanctions
• The international context
• Defining a sanctions governance framework
• Sanctions lists and screening
• Managing alert investigations
• The cost of getting it wrong
• The challenges of change
• Study in your own time and at your own pace
• Course can be completed in as little as 4 weeks but you will have access for up to 3 months
• Assessed by a 1 hour online multiple-choice exam
• Your results are available immediately
• Downloadable certificate to demonstrate your achievement
We have full syllabi available for all of our qualifications. Click here to download a syllabus for this course
In order to study for an ICA qualification, you will need to become a member of ICA. If you're not currently a member of the ICA, you will be required to register as an ICA student member.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Course fees stated exclude VAT or local tax where applicable
These fees include a downloadable certificate which you are able to print. Should you require a hard copy posted, there is a fee of £50 plus VAT if applicable.
Membership Fee: $100* (Student membership)
*Payable unless you are already an ICA Member.