|Course level: Level 7 - Expert|
This executive programme has been designed to sharpen the strategic skills of senior practitioners and those aspiring to hold the highest AML/financial crime position within a firm. With a focus on AML, managing fraud and anti-bribery and corruption, this course has helped hundreds of senior financial crime compliance professionals from all over the world unlock career growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate the highest level of specialist knowledge and skills in your field
- Drive your personal leadership ambitions and accelerate your effectiveness as a manager
- Develop new ideas, explore innovative best practice and gain a global perspective
- Drive effective change and re-evaluate your approach to the challenges you face
- Become automatically eligible for Fellowship of the International Compliance Association (the highest grade of membership)
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
This is an executive-level programme suitable for:
• Heads of Compliance, AML, Financial Crime Prevention and Risk
• Compliance, AML and Financial Crime Managers
• Senior Internal and External Audit roles
• Company Secretaries
• Legal practitioners
• Regulatory representatives and FIU staff
• Law enforcement
• Company Directors/Board Members
Admission is strictly selective. In order to be eligible, you must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
• hold a (first) degree and be a senior practitioner (i.e. hold a senior management role) with at least three years’ experience in that role or at the equivalent level of seniority;
• hold an ICA Diploma and have at least five years’ experience in a related discipline and currently work in a role that includes senior level responsibilities and regular engagement with senior practitioners
• have at least ten years’ experience in a relevant senior management role.
The syllabus covers a variety of key issues relevant at a senior level and is designed to provide an insight into risks and potential hurdles faced by your organisation. The syllabus is delivered by an exclusive series of high-profile masterclasses covering relevant topics.
• Building and leading a world class compliance team
• Strategic risk management for leaders
• Behavioural compliance: the role of psychology in culture and ethical behaviour
• Keeping up with emerging regulatory developments
• Governance, risk and compliance in the digital world
• Applying governance, conduct and outcomes for the benefit of the organisation
• Leading change in governance, risk and compliance
• Financial crime risk in the digital age
The conduct of firms and the behaviour of senior management is a key topic in this course and is interwoven throughout the course units. The conduct agenda forms a key part of the virtual classroom discussion.
• Twelve-month course with materials delivered online for you to study in your own time and at your own pace.
• Eight 3-hour live, virtual masterclasses over four weekends.
• Eight group tutorials that give the opportunity to reflect, interpret and apply the knowledge from the masterclasses.
• (Optional) Five live, virtual classrooms spread over the duration of the course, designed to support the networking element of the course as well as focus on the latest global developments.
• Assessed through the creation of a reflective journal consisting of eight masterclass commentaries (1,000 -1,500 words) and a 2-to-3-hour competency-based interview.
We have full syllabi available for all of our qualifications. Click here to download a syllabus for this course
In order to study for an ICA qualification, you will need to become a member of ICA. If you're not currently a member of the ICA, you will be required to register as an ICA student member.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
On successful completion of this programme you will be eligible to enroll for MSc Financial Crime and Compliance in Digital Societies (top-up), an executive Masters Degree offered by the University of Manchester.For more information on this Click Here
Course fees stated exclude VAT or local tax where applicable
Membership Fee: $100* (Student membership)
*Payable unless you are already an ICA Member.